Applications vary depending on the organisation, but there are some general rules to remember.
- Take the time to read the job description carefully, and ensure that you relate your experience and skills to the person specification.
- Complete a rough draft first and keep a copy so you can look over it prior to the interview.
- Complete your application form clearly in black ink, type or online.
- Take care to complete all the sections. If you think a section doesn’t apply to you, write n/a.
- Check and double check you’ve completed all the sections and that there aren’t any spelling or grammatical errors.
- Ensure you send your application in time to reach the organisation before the closing date.
- Only send your CV if requested.
I like the interesting nature of the work, the people and job security.