Interviews can seem quite daunting. Just remember though that they’re as much to do with you finding out about an organisation and whether you’d like to work there, as they are about the organisation learning more about you.
- Remember to read through your completed application form prior to interview to remind yourself what you’ve already told them.
- Find out in advance how long it will take to get to the interview, taking into account the time of day, and where applicable the parking facilities or bus routes.
- Look presentable – remember first impressions do count.
- Arrive 5-10 minutes early, as this will give you time to relax and prepare.
- Think about the questions you’re asked. Remember, the questions aren’t there to trick you, but to find out more about your skills.
- Prepare a couple of questions of your own to ask at the end of the interview.